Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Meet Kitty!

Earlier this Spring, we took our spare bedroom from this... to Craft Room bliss:



Though I may have lost a great napping spot, I gained a whole lot of crafting action in my life. I realized that all these years (I'm 3) I had been missing having a hobby. Plus there's always the basket:



Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Anne, the Crafting Kitty. Named after the famous pirate Anne Bonney, due to my penchant for sitting on Dad's shoulders, pirate-bird style. Plus we took inspiration from the famous Bounty ship parked outside the apartment, along with some of my more desperado ways...


This blog will be dedicated to my exploits in my new craft room. Part D-I-Y, part C-A-T. I have a cool perspective, and I felt it's only right to share it on the WWW. I'm looking forward to sharing my love of crafting with all of you! First up, a new basket liner for my prized basket (see above). I'm thinking I need a pop of color, a softer feel, something to punch it up and give me more comfort at the same time.


I whipped up this little inspiration board...
Bird fabric (my fave animal... besides cats of course!) from On Board Fabrics in Edgecomb, Maine.
Perhaps something in the Color of the Year by Pantone? Emerald is such a versatile hue!
And I couldn't resist adding in some fur to the brainstorm! This pink leopard sold on Etsy is super fun!
(All collages made online with the totally tubular Photovisi.)

What do you think? What have you done recently to up your "creature" comfort level? What projects are you whipping up in your own craft room? Does your kitty need a treat?

Until next time... this is the Crafting Kitty signing off! My paws are hurting from all this typing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis